• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Latisse for eyelash grow?

TheAdjustment

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried this product to get more eyelashes, longer eyelashes, or anything of the likes? I don't particularly have an issue with my eyelashes, although it would certainly be nice if they were thicker/fuller and longer.

Most of the "research" I have found is propaganda from plastic surgeons that dominate a lot of blogs and forums. I can't seem to find too many serious answers. My main concern is if I do use this product my eyes will get darker permanently.

Anyone have first hand experience or friends that have tried this?

Well that is a known side effect of the product, so you should decide whether it's worth the risk or not and make your decision from there

I agree, it'll come down to cost(risk) vs. Benefit analysis which is why I am trying to find out if any BLers have used this or know anyone who has.

I have only found one example online with the darker iris side effects on google images, but I didn't really notice much of a change, maybe because the subject's eyes were already brown.

Well, after doing a bit more research, it appears that no clinical study has shown latisse to cause brown iris pigmentation when applied as directed to the eyelashes. Only when the same chemical was instilled directly into the eye to treat a different disease was there a change in iris color.

So, the risk seems minimal!

Thanks for going the extra mile. In a few weeks I'll give this a try, and some few months later I'll report back here to give an unbiased answer to the results along with before and after pictures of both eyelashes and the eye itself. I wish this stuff worked on my head haha.

Thanks for going the extra mile. In a few weeks I'll give this a try, and some few months later I'll report back here to give an unbiased answer to the results along with before and after pictures of both eyelashes and the eye itself. I wish this stuff worked on my head haha.

No problem! And me too regarding it working on the head! What is interesting is that some of the literature warns that if you get it on areas around your eyes or in between them it could make hair grow there! Makes you wonder if they're doing future development to fight hair loss.

Can't wait to see the pics!

It works. The active ingredient in Latisse was first used for glaucoma and still is. My friend started using free samples of Lumigan (bimatoprost) on her lashes daily and within 3 weeks there was a noticeable difference. I thought she started wearing mascara.

I have seen patients on Lumigan for a year + and no iris darkening was noted....but the lashes...holy smokes. 70 year old men with no hair on their head and sporting lush, thick, long, and black lashes.

did it work? i had a psychiatrist recommend this years ago said his wife took it. was always scared it was going to burn